Paper Doll Cards

Wednesday, 15 October 2008

I recently bought the Paper Dolls cartridge. I nearly didn't buy it but I'm so glad I did. It is such fun and there are so many things you can do with it.

WSB Challenge 1The 1st card, You're so Sweet, was made for the Whimsical Scraps and Bugs 1st challenge. I was delighted to be chosen to design for them. Check out all the designs on the blog.

I really enjoyed making this card, the papers are such fun and I made the sweets too.

I've had a few people ask me how I made the sweets. Here it is - I cut 3 small ovals of chipboard and covered them with glitter paper. I then cut 3 small rectangles of cellophane (I used a bag that I sell my cards in) wrapped them round the ovals, twisted the ends and tied with metallic thread.

Materials used - Yellow and red cardstock, Orange, brown and black paper, Yellow, orange and brown glitter paper, DCWV Glitter Sweet Stack, Cricut plus Paper Doll Dress Up and George and Basic Shapes, Mini Alphabet stamps, Chipboard, Cloud White and Pink Petunia chalk inks, Dovecraft Shimmer Chalks, Coloured Pencils, Silver and gold thread, Cellophane, Fibre, Green eyelets.

Joshuas 18Card 2- Hooray I'm 18, was made for my sons 18th birthday. This was the 1st card I made with the cart. He always wears check shirts and skinny jeans, so I tried to match the doll as best I could.

Materials used - Brown cardstock, Basic Grey Archaic papers, Paper Doll Dress Up cart, Mini Alphabet stamps, Chipboard, Brown chalk ink, Dovecraft Shimmer Chalks, Coloured Pencils, String and Rafia, Orange eyelets.

Gone FishinCard 3 - Gone Fishin, was made for a colleague at work. Her son has just been promoted in the fishing industry and wanted me to make a fishing card. Another excuse to use the cart ...... I thought.

Materials used - Blue cardstock, papers, Paper Doll Dress Up cart, Mini Alphabet stamps, Chipboard, Blue chalk ink, Dovecraft Shimmer Chalks, Coloured Pencils, String and Rafia, Blue eyelets

3 comments:

  1. I love the first card. What did you use for the candy? They are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to the Gray Family

    I cut 3 small ovals of chipboard and covered them with glitter paper. I then cut 3 small rectangles of cellophane (I used a bag that I sell my cards in) wrapped them round the ovals, twisted the ends and tied with metalic thread.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx