Mum and Dads 50th Anniversary

Thursday, 19 March 2009

I've been naughty and neglected my blog for over 2 months. I've been so busy with my sisters preparing scrapbooks for our Mum and Dads 50th Wedding Anniversary. At the beginning of March we spent a fantastic long weekend in Devon celebrating their anniversary. Me and my 2 sisters (plus hubbies) booked a farmhouse, did all the catering and made scrapbook albums for them. The albums took ages to do as we needed to trawl through boxes and boxes of photos (pretending they were for my family tree), they needed scanning, printing, trimming and embellishing. We had planned for 6 months and kept it a secret. They didn't know they were doing anything until 2 days before we left and still didn't know where they were going until they arrived. When we got there my mum burst into tears. A great weekend was had by all, loads of food, wine, relaxation and a very smelly farmyard next door.

I'm not a big fan of gold, so decided to make them a card using red and hearts.

50th Anniversary Card

Materials used - White cardblank, White and Red cardstock, Cuttlebug with Swiss Dot and Divine Swirls embossing folders, White Ribbon, Wire and beads, Half pearls, Love charm.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is beautiful I love the wired beads too
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and the red is perfect...no gold needed! LOL

    And as for the celebration, you and your sister are wonderful daughters and I know your parents were so happy to be remembered that way!

    I could never have surprised my parents but they loved what we did for them for their Anniversary back in 2001.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx