Polkadoodles Challenge 2

Friday, 29 May 2009

We have such great papers to work with, it’s really hard to choose, but the cherries won for this challenge. I just couldn't think what to do with sketch no 2, so it just evolved. The edges of the card and paper were ruffed up with a craft knife. Then randomly hand stitched the paper, made the frame from clear plastic packaging and attached ribbon to it with little knots, which I then threaded through the scallop. Used little tags for the sentiment. I wasn't happy with the paper I've used, but I've just bought thicker, better quality card which I will use for the next challenge.

Polkadoodle Challenge 2
Polkadoodle Challenge 2 Close-up 2
sketch-2

Materials Used – White cardblank, Papers and elements from the new Polka Doodles Sugar Birdies range, Clear plastic, Red ribbon, Red chalk ink, White gel pen, Red and green threads. 

We had an amazing response to our first challenge. The cards were just fantastic. It was really hard to choose the winners, but here they are, well done to you all:-

1st) Loopy Lou

2nd) Lynda Loves Crafting

Joint 3rd) Linda and Kate

Please join in with our next challenge (sketch is above) and submit them to Polkadoodles by lunchtime Wednesday 3rd June. Have fun.

6 comments:

  1. Yummy card, Kerry!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Kerry; expecially clever touches with the ribbon & stitching.

    Have a great weekend,

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the brightness of your card it really stands out.
    Karen x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh i love this one kerry,those cherries look delicious in that gorgeous frame xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh kerry I do love your random stitching. It looks so cool! The little tags are mega cute too :o0

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my faves this week Kerry, I think you totally nailed the sketch. Love that random stitching.
    luv
    En x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx