Polkadoodles Challenge 8 – Shaped Card

Friday, 26 February 2010

Easel cards are so popular at the moment, so I had a go at making a heart shaped one. I found the instructions here but I used my Cricut to cut out the heart. Had a bit of a nightmare as I managed to get glue over the base, but thankfully it doesn't show. Used the Heart to Heart papers from the Love and Cherish CD to cover the template, a few half pearls, plus a bit of faux stitching to match the hearts.

I’m off to Farnborough today for the Make It show with my mum. Hopefully we’ll be back with lots of goodies.

Challenge 8
Challenge 8 Closeup

Materials used – White cardstock, Papers and elements from the Love and Cherish CD, Cricut and George cartridge, Fiskars border punch, Versamagic pink chalk ink, Half pearls, Ribbon and Red brushmarker.

6 comments:

  1. Works brilliantly well as a heart! A fabulous card - love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Kerry, I love the way the heart makes such a fab easel.
    big hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. kerry that is so pretty, i love the soft and gentle papers with the heart shape xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards. They all look so pretty
    Love and bugsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab idea Kerry, so creative.

    Big hugs Vicky! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Fantastic! I just never have the imagination to think outside the box (or regular card design). I really love this idea. I will have to give it a try.

    TFS,

    dj1952

    http://www.designsbydj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx