Cuttlebug Spot – Invites

Tuesday, 2 November 2010

As we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving here in the UK I’ve made invites for a Christmas party. This week, I’ve used Sizzix texture plates instead of the Cuttlebug embossing folders. I did have problems getting them through my Cuttlebug though. Not enough shims and you can’t see the embossing, to many and it popped the top and side of my Cuttlebug. I really thought I’d broken it, but my darling hubby managed to put it back together. Think I’ve managed to get it right now as the card on the left shows.

Invites 1

Materials used – Kraft, white and red cardstock, Cuttlebug plus Sizzix Texture plate – Stars and Swirls, Sizzix Christmas Tree and Cuttlebug Ice Crystal snowflake, Cosmo Cricket papers, EK Success Notebook border punch, Making Memories Rub-ons, Toga alphabet stickers, Versamagic red, green and brown chalk inks, Glitter, Ribbon, Button, Gems and String.

10 comments:

  1. ooh these are gorgeous Kerry so festive I love the embossing so glad your hubby managed to save your cuttlebug!
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Kerry you did a wonderful job!!!!It is gorgious and I love the snowflake! good tip on the Sizzix...couldn't live without my Cuttlebuggie! It is really really nice!!! p.s. what is the date of your party? Count me in LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty invitations! Love that embossing. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I think you did fabulous! :)

    I have a few Sizzix and Fiskars embossing plates and they do not emboss as crisp and detailed as the cuttlebug folders do. Depending on the thickness of cardstock, sometimes I can lightly mist the paper and get a better definition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW, these are both so pretty and festive! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous invite Kerry! Love the colors, and yes sometimes the plates are hard to get a good embossing on with the CB. You did a great job getting it to emboss, so glad you didn't break your CB. Fabulous job on this weeks challenge my friend. Have a great week!

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kerry, great and effective invites.. I myself have broken 3 Cuttlebugs trying to get too much through them.. The first one is a shock, but after 3 your get use to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kerry your invites are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous - I love the sparkly snowflake! :0)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx