Cuttlebug Spot - Inspired by a Book

Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Happy New Year to you all, hope you saw the New Year in, in style. We spent the evening with friends and just chatted and chatted. It was lovely and relaxing after a busy Christmas.

Welcome back to the Cuttlebug Spot and to our new challenges for 2011. This month you will see projects inspired by books, games, songs and adverts. This week, it's a book. I found this hard, because even though I read, I love supernatural and horror stories, which don't always make a nice cards!! So I went for James Bond and Diamonds are Forever. This was one of the 1st films I ever saw at the cinema along with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I translated the book into a wedding card for my 2nd cousin who is getting married later this year.

Inspired by a Book
Materials used - White A6 card blank, Cricut plus Wild Card, Cuttlebug plus Sizzix Lovely Flourish embossing plate, White, silver and gold cardstock, Yellow patterned paper, Ribbon, Gems, Making Memories rub-ons and Glitter.

7 comments:

  1. Wow Kerry, this is very pretty! Very chic!!! I love it!

    Love everyone's go at this Challenge, although everybody had a struggle, look what came out of it!!! We are a SUPERTROUPER team!!!!!!!!!!

    Love
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, what a great idea! I had to think so much for this one and everyone's ideas a just fantastic. What took me so long? And I love that so far I haven't seen any repeats! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Kerry, and what a clever interpretation. Just gorgeous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great wedding card...gotta love the diamonds! It's funny that you mentioned Chitty Chitty Bang Bang because that was one of the books I had in mind because I used to love that when I was a kid. Anyway, great job on the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerry this is a beautiful card! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - very elegant!
    http://www.lindystampgang.com/moon-shadow-ink.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooops...didn't mean to paste in that link! Sorry!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx