Cuttlebug Spot - Inspired by a magazine advert

Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Hum, not a good start when you don't buy a magazine except for one card making magazine. So I asked my sister (who buys Hello) what sort of ads are in there - perfume, clothes, food, handbags etc. Oh a handbag for me, so then it was on the web to find some Christian Dior handbag ads. Wow, they are pricey but so gorgeous. Here's my take on their handbags and much cheaper too. But, I'd got so carried away with stitching and sewing on beads, that I'd forgotten to use my Cuttlebug!! So there is only a little bit on the bag, hope you forgive me.

Inspired by an Advert
diorbag-r21 Dior

Materials used - Brown cardstock, Paper (can't remember where I got it from), Cricut plus Tags, Bags, Boxes, Cuttlebug plus Flower die and Dots Border embossing folder, Fiskars Sentiment border punch, Woodware Jane's Script clear stamps, White embossing powder, Eyelets, Thread, Wire, Ribbon, Beads and a Charm.

9 comments:

  1. Kerry that is fabulous hun, i love the chunky beaded handle! hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute, Kerry! Better than the ones in the ad. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I love the purse. You totally matched the ad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry this is beautiful. Is it 3d or flat? If you could send me an email with details of the pattern. I think they would be great as bridal shower favors. TIA!!

    scrapdoc819@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bag - I love the beaded handle!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Donna THis bag is better than the ones in the ads! Absolutely gorgeous Kerry I love all the detail you've put on the bag and the handle is fabulous!
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation Kerry! Love your take on the bag with the beaded handle. Yes, Dior's are pricey, my daughter has the eyeglass frames, over $350.00, hate to think of what a purse would cost. Too cute and a lot cheaper too, lol!!
    Awesome take on the challenge!

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweetie, you should get your own handbag line! You are a TOP designer! This is amazing!!! Must have taking you hours but a lot of fun as well, this is soooooooo beautiful!!! A keeper I should say!!! Is the handle a bracelet you can wear as well?? LOVE IT!!!

    love
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your handbag is GORGEOUS ! I love the colors - who doesn't like CHOCOLATE color !! The handle of the purse is darling - what a great job !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx