Cuttlebug Spot - Pop-up Cards

Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Another different card style this week - pop-up cards. I saw this lovely pop-up flower tutorial online. I thought it was so pretty, I had to make one for the middle of my card. One tip, don't use thick card as I found it doesn't open up as well as thinner paper. Don't forget to pop over to the Cuttlebug Spot to see all the amazing designs this week and if you join in with us you could win a prize.

I've made my own texture plate for my card. I've been wanting to have a go at making one of these for ages. All you need is some chipboard (mine was quite thick) your Cuttlebug and some glue. Just cut a piece of chipboard the size of a texture plate or embossing folder. Cut out some chipboard shapes using your favourite dies or by hand, I used the Scribble flower. Glue them to the piece of chipboard you cut out earlier, allow to dry and then play :) I was really pleased with the result, so I've made a leaf one too.

Pop Up Card
 Pop Up Card Inside
Scribble Flower Embossing Plate

Materials used - White card blank, Cuttlebug plus homemade texture plate and tag die, Cricut plus Storybook, Polkadoodles clear stamp, Making Memories Chloe's Closet papers, My Minds Eye Bloom and Grow papers, Versamagic chalk inks - Green Tea and Pumpkin, Buttons and Ribbon.

9 comments:

  1. Kerry- This is beautiful. I am totally going to CASE this! And the homemade embossing plate... genius! Jen CSDT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O My Gosh, you will not believe this, I really wanted to make these flowers too!!! They are sooooooooooooooo beautiful!! So now I see what you have done with it, I will give it a try as well, it is truly amazingly beautiful!!!

    And I have seen people make embossing folders as well, wasn't it difficult???? It is gorgious!

    How is the paint job?? All finished??

    love
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Kerry - love your homemade texture plate...and the pop-up flowers look great!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that homemade texture plate. Your card is beautiful. I have to try making my own plates. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! kerry the card made with your very own texture plate what a great idear,the card is very clean looking just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerry, this is just GORGEOUS! I've always wanted to try this kind of pop up but didn't thinks I could manage to attach the flowers correctly. And Woo Hoo making your own texture plate! Gotta try it! FABULOUS, girlfriend! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool idea about making your own texture plate!! I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for showing us how.

    And love that flower - it looks fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kerry, I came across your blog by going to your link from The Cuttlebug Spot. I'm so glad I did. Ingenious way to make a embossing "folder". My first thought was: where can I get that design? Now I know. Way to go, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aha! that is how you did your embossing? cool! love the inside flowers too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx