Cuttlebug Spot - All Tied Up.....Twine or String

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Our eldest son (3rd right) came to visit at the weekend as it was his birthday. It's so great to see him, but time flies by far to quickly and he's back in London already. Can't believe he's 23! Here's a pic of the 4 of us. This was the best photo taken, but I was obviously talking when the button was pressed. Josh (in the grey top) was pulling silly faces in the other photos!!

Darrels 23rd Birthday (89)

Continuing our month of using embellishments on your projects, it's twine or string this week. I used my homemade leaf texture plate (must make more of these) and my favourite leaf dies again. Hope you can make out the inside out embossing. I used string to make a mat, by cutting a square of cardstock and gluing string to it and popping some die cut leaves on top.  Pop over to the Cuttlebug Spot to check out all the other fab designs.

String
Leaf Embossing Plate

Materials used - American Crafts and Bazzill card stock, Homemade Leaf texture plate, Cuttlebug plus Leaf dies, XCut Rome alphabet die and Craft Concepts Woodgrain embossing folder, Versamagic green and brown chalk ink, String and a Button.

4 comments:

  1. Holy COW you've got some BIG BOYS! LOL What a handsome family! Love your handmade texture plate. Will definitely have to give that a try! Great way to used your twine. Love the rustic natural feel to this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Kerry! Love that fall look. I always have trouble getting my twine into my button holes. You obviously don't. Handsome looking guys with you. I guess they didn't get your height gene did they? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O My Gosh Kerry, this is wonderful and how clever of you to make that folder!!! Although fall-y I love your take on this week's challenge!

    (Love your family portret as well)

    love
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card - your homemade embossing folder worked brilliantly!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx