Cuttlebug Spot - Buttons and more Buttons

Tuesday, 22 March 2011

It's my niece and her hubbies 1st Anniversary on the 9th April, I can't believe they've been married nearly a year already. Most Anniversary cards are pink or red, but I decided to go for orange. Not traditional I know, but wanted to go for something different, bright and cheerful. This week on the Cuttlebug Spot we are focusing on buttons on our projects, so I made the heart completely out of buttons and stamped the flowers with a script stamp.

Buttons

Materials used - White square scallop card blank, Orange and white cardstock, Cricut plus Storybook, Cuttlebug plus Spring Floral die and Sizzix Crush on You Texture Plate, Kaisercraft Script stamp, Hobby Art General Greetings clear stamp, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Versamagic Pumpkin Spice chalk ink, Prima flower, Fabric flower, White gel pen, Buttons and Ribbon.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Kerry! i love the colours and the button heart is super
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh is lovely..I didn't realise there was a tradition in colour for anniversaries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kerry, I totally LOVE this! The orange is gorgeous and WOW, what fab buttons! Awesome card! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know that Orange in the Netherlands is a Royal Color? It is our Native color as well, because our Royals are from the House of Orange, Orange is very important especially on Queensday, April 30th, our National Bankholiday where everybody celebrates her birthday and have yardsales!!!

    So this is a brill choice!! LOVE IT TOTALLY and is like you as cute as a button!! What a great idea, you are very creative and I think I might copycat you one day with this idea, if you don't mind! Ofcourse you will get the honors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a seriously gorgeous card! I am in awe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I so love what Jannie wrote! This card is just so bright, happy and cheerful! Your niece and her husband are going to love it! I love how ALL the buttons POP off that white! GREAT card!
    tfs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx