Cuttlebug Spot - Ouch!! Hat Pins

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

I love being on the Cuttlebug Spot design team, you get taken right out of your comfort zone. March will be no exception. Accessories and Embellishments are the theme and to start off, we have been asked to make a project using Hat Pins. I managed to find some at my local craft store, but they just had a pearl on the top. So I've added some beads glued on with clear gloss. And to stop anyone stabbing themselves, I popped a little pearl bead on the point. Doilies  are also very popular at the moment so used my Cricut to create my own.

Hat Pins
Hat Pins Closeup

Materials used - White square scallop card blank, Cricut plus Storybook, Cuttlebug plus Sizzix Texture Plate - Spring Vine and Sizzix Hearts & Paisley die, Woodware Tiny Phrases clear stamps, Versamagic pink chalk ink, Butterfly punch, Hat Pin, Beads, Button, Ribbon, Thread and Half Pearls.

5 comments:

  1. O My Gosh!! This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty!!! I love everything you have done, love the swirls! Can't find that folder here anywhere!!! Boohoohoo.

    Good tip for the end, I will put a little bead at the end as well, so someone can wear it safely!

    Love
    Jannie X

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with jannie. i do too love what you did. how clever adding the pear to the end of the pin. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Kerry! Love the die cuts and embossing. Fun stickpin. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry, this is sooo fresh and beautiful! LOVE your fancy pin, too! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty, it looks very delicate. I love the use of hat pins.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx