Less is More - Something with Legs

Sunday, 10 July 2011

Can't believe I haven't updated my blog for 2 weeks, how time flies and I haven't joined in at Less is More either. Their challenge this week is such fun - a 1 layer card and something with legs. I've just bought this lovely set of stamps from Hero Arts which fitted perfectly. Because it's a 1 layer card and I wanted to do some colouring, I'm having a nightmare finding cardstock, where my Promarkers don't bleed through, so I used my Whispers brush markers instead. They worked OK, but not so good for blending. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Something with legs

Materials used - A6 white card blank, Hero Arts Girls stamps, Woodware Easy Stitching and Essential Birthday stamps, Whispers brush markers.

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love those images
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful AND very leggy!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerry, great card - love the stamps. Sorry I can't help with the cardstock. It's part of the reason why I also use Prisma pencils, as well as my Promarkers, as I can't find a card that is heavy enough to use as a base and doesn't bleed thru. Will be interested to hear if anyone does recommend one. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Card stock is the bane of crafters... some won't accept alcohol markers, some bleed ink, some are too absorbent... what a problem! ... I have wads of card for use with different mediums!
    This looks great however!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the images. I often use pearlised card with promarkers, it still shows through but not as badly as other cardstock. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card, such sweet images
    We crafters do have our work cut out eh!

    Thank you so much
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute girls.xx Check out this post re paper
    http://wiccababe.blogspot.com/2011/06/need-your-help.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab sweet card, I like the colouring with these images, it's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, so cute. I've heard Neenah Cardstock (Crafters Companion)recommended but haven't tried it myself as I've never coloured a OLC with my ProMarkers lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kerry . . . thanks for visiting me. I've come over to see you now.

    Love this little cutie!

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3 great little images, like the way the flowers join them up.

    I put an insert in my cards
    Thanks for your comments

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hell there Kerry, Gorgeous card, such sweet little girls:0) Thanks for your visit and kind comments, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card, love the little girls and beautifully coloured. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little girls are so cute. I know what you mean about coloring bleed thru...I want to get some Promarkers...finally availabl in the U.S., so I'll be watching your blog for info.
    Thanks for commenting on my card too.
    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx