Less is More - One Layer Ink

Wednesday, 17 August 2011

I always find the one layer cards over at Less is More hard to do as I have to hold back the urge to add ribbons, buttons, gems etc. I masked off the edges of the card with torn strips of paper. Then using some scrap sponge I lightly inked the edge inside the border. I stamped some flowers, then using a gel pen I popped some dots in the middle of the flowers and added a sentiment. I think I would make the white border smaller next time. It was a nightmare trying to get a photo of this card as the colours are so soft.

One Layer Ink

Materials used - White square card bank, Hero Arts Patterned Flowers stamp, Woodware Janes Script stamp, Versamagic assorted chalk inks, Memento Rich Cocoa Ink and Brown gel pen.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry, this is really beautiful, so soft and delicate looking! A lovely card.
    I certainly wouldn't make the white border any smaller, if anything I'd make it larger... the eye would then been drawn to the beautifully intriguing centre!!! But it's just superb as it is!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, delicate card, super colours, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, so soft and subtle. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you did get a photo Kerry - it's beautiful and I love the soft colours and the white border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really lovely and I love the soft shades x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, lovely colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely soft and delicate stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Id not change it at all, def not make the image larger!
    Are we obsessed with white space...I think so!
    FABBY card Kerry, lovely subtle effect


    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIm
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a soft and gentle card. Lovable!

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely delicate card you have produced.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card - those soft sherbet colours are so pretty, and the border looks great. Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx