Sheryl's 50th Birthday

Thursday, 6 October 2011

Not sure my sister would thank me for telling the blogging world how old she is, but I've gone and done it now :) We had a get-together with family and friends just before she was whisked off to Las Vegas to celebrate her special day. Hope you're having a great time Sheryl.

Here's the card I made for her. I couldn't decide whether to go for a massive unsubtle 50 on the front or go girly. You can see what I went for. The background text comes from the book Breakfast at Tiffany's which was made into the film in 1961. The dress outline comes from a birthday card that my sister-in-law received some time ago. I just loved  it, so she kindly scanned it and sent it to me. I just tweaked it on my laptop to remove the colour, creating a digital stamp and then printed it onto some 1960's paper.

Sheryls 50th

Materials used - White and black card stock, Yellow Promarker, Woodware Tiny Phrases clear stamps, Fiskars Sentiment border punch, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Glitter Glue, Ribbon and Half Pearls.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry,

    Happy birthday to your sister... you are naughty for letting her age be exposed. Lol.

    Well, your card is so very stylish... so clever of you to alter that image and add a sixties print to it. Well done. Love the text paper as well - cannot believe it is a stamp. It is too good!

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card! From the scene to the all the patterned papers, everything works together perfectly! Awesome job! logo design

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx