Cuttlebug Mania – Sketch and Embossing

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

It was only when I started making my card for this weeks challenge at Cuttlebug Mania, that I realised my card from last week was very similar to the sketch!! So, I decided to just turn the card round and make it portrait.

This week we have an amazing prize sponsored by Craftie-Charlie, including:-

Bo Bunny Isabella 6x6 Paper Pad
6 sheets of co-ordinating Bazzill 8.5x11" (2 each of dark taupe, Emma and Bling Tiara)
Cuttlebug Nat Damask Embossing Folder
Dovecraft Tea Party Heart Doilies
Hero Arts Cling Stamp 'Getting Ready' CG265
and a Prima Crystal Sheet in Clear 565053

Isabella-Candy

I have 3 sets of the Cuttlebug border embossing folders and I’ve hardly used them, because to be honest, they have never inspired me!! But I had a brainwave, lets make a background with them. Where the folder left it’s edge marks, I just embossed a line to cover them up. I was really pleased with how it turned out. It’s inspired me to use them more. So lets see your take on the sketch and your project must include some dry embossing.

Sketch and Embossing
Sketch 4

Materials used – Blue card blank, White and yellow cardstock, Cuttlebug plus Frills embossing folders and Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die, My Mind’s Eye Moments paper pad, Papertrey Ink Faux Ribbon stamps, Fiskars Sentiment border punch, Felt, Button, Twine and Half-pearls.

3 comments:

  1. very BEAUTIFUL!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what beautiful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are always beautiful. Hope that you week is a good one, take care Diane See you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, please stop by again soon xx